Great things about India:
- Mike is here with me.
- Everything I need is within walking distance.
- Curry curry curry all the time!
- Food is cheap. No, pretty much everything is cheap, actually.
- A multitude of vegetarian options is the norm.
- Tasty and plentiful tea.
Random things about India:
- Getting here from the US is no trivial matter. (Stopover in Paris!)
- We get the royal treatment in public. It’s odd, and can be unsettling.
- Pizza Hut menu has “Chicken Tikka Makhani” and “Paneer El Rancho.”
- Many buildings have solar water heaters.
- There are at least seven distinct types of honk (all are used liberally).
- I do not fully understand the ubiquitous head wobble.
Not so great things about India:
- BYOTP. And pray for a western toilet with a toilet seat.
- Using my iPhone for data and texting is needlessly expensive.
- They’re still figuring out what the internet is and how to use it.
- Infrastructure fail, routine power flickers, etc.
- Traffic. WTF.
- “Walking distance” sounds nice, but always involves real-life Frogger.
And with that brief introduction, here are some pictures.